Have you ever walked into your kitchen and not been impressed by your surroundings? If you own your home, then you are not obligated to maintain such a boring and uninspiring space. Why not spice it up with some cool kitchen updates?
- Get new sink fixtures – This is an easy change that you might not think will make a big impact, but oh it will! But picking out a new faucet in a new metallic finish will add a new touch that won’t go unnoticed.
- Change the lighting – Don’t forget to look up. Those lights are probably old and completely played out. Why not go for some new pendant lights over the island, or new task lighting near the sink?
- Paint - A fresh coat of paint will no doubt make your kitchen look and feel new again. Choose a color that you’ll love, but also one that won’t over power the kitchen. Don’t forget to consider how certain paint colors might make the kitchen appear lighter or darker, depending on how much natural sunlight there is.
- Install a soap dispenser – Large bottle of dish detergent near the sink are often sticky and messy. Why not cut out grime with a commercial-style pump that dispenses soap?
- Add storage – In some kitchens, it seems like even 100 cabinets isn’t enough. For added storage on a budget, a portable shelving unit with wheels that can house spices, grilling utensils and more.